Sr. Clinical Scientist
At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to discover, develop, and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
- Responsible for providing medical / scientific input and expertise to individual clinical trial(s) within a global development program of a disease area
- Represent Clinical Development in Clinical Trial Teams (CTT), participate and contribute in clinical sub teams and other committees needing medical support
- For the assigned clinical trial(s) within a program, as a member of the CTT, provide medical and scientific input to: all activities related to planning, execution and reporting of clinical trials; development of trial related documents (e. g. protocols, case report forms, data analysis plan, reports, publications); development of presentation material for trial-related advisory boards, investigator meetings, protocol training, etc.
- Ongoing review of clinical trial data, final analysis and interpretation, in collaboration with the Safety Leader and appropriate CTT members.
- Build relationships among the clinical / scientific community and with external experts
- Maintain sponsor oversight on data quality and product safety in clinical trials via regular medical monitoring activities in collaboration with the Safety Leader and appropriate Clinical Trial Team members. Perform hands on medical data review, as needed.
- Support regulatory authority interactions, information requests etc (e.g. FDA and EMA) as needed
- Based on individual expertise, perform evaluations of potential drug targets and drug candidates for future clinical development
- Ideally PharmD, PhD, or MD in health sciences / translational research with substantial experience in clinical development and clinical research with 3+ years of experience
- Experience in early and/or late drug development (Phase 1-3)
- Ability to critically evaluate drug targets or drug candidates based on published data or preclinical research findings and to translate these findings into clinical hypothesis testing
- Excellent medical writing and presentation skills
Preferred (But Not Required)
- Strong background in haemato-oncology, oncology or immuno-oncology preferred
- Ideally 3+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Prior experience in regulatory authority interactions / submissions preferred but not a must
Culture & Benefits
As a full time, employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive PTO and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment, and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success
Health and Safety
Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
MorphoSys is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
MorphoSys US Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with MorphoSys US Inc.’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
MorphoSys reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. MorphoSys and potential applicants acknowledge that reimbursement of recruiting expenses for certain licensed healthcare professionals may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a healthcare professional who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with MorphoSys that we pay or reimburse, such information may be made publicly available by such government authorities. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Morphosys, US Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks and confirmation of vaccination for COVID-19 as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.