Associate Director of Scientific Communications
At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to discover, develop, and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
- Reporting to the Head of Scientific Communications, you will participate in the publication strategic planning and execution across the MorphoSys portfolio (peer-reviewed journal articles, conference contributions)
- Manage publication of data from primary and secondary analyses of MorphoSys and Constellation trial data, EAP and other programs, preclinical/non-clinical data, ‘trial in progress’, and review articles, as per Morphosys publication guidelines.
- Facilitates review of publications generated from IIT in close collaboration with respective academic IIT leads
- Ensure scientific excellence and compliance in scientific communication
- Ensure consistent scientific messages across publications within compounds scientific platform/narrative and indication
- Contribute maintaining publication policy and updated guidance specific to publication execution, ensuring compliance to it
- Align and coordinate with external and internal authors, as well as key cross-functional stakeholders in US Medical Affairs, R&D, Legal, Regulatory, and Commercial
- As applicable, assist in the generation of educational and training material for internal and external stakeholders
- Support the implementation of medical affairs communication’s strategy for MorphoSys portfolio assets
- Advanced Degree required (MD, PharmD, or Ph.D. in relevant field)
- Broad knowledge of general medicine with a focus in oncology, Hematology/oncology experience preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience in the bioscience or pharmaceutical industry
- > 5 years’ experience in Scientific communications preferred
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Self-starter willing to roll up sleeves, go the extra mile in contributing to team goals
- Experience with late-stage oncology development and product launch
- Experienced in planning and executing scientific communications strategies, in particular scientific and medical publications. Strong knowledge of GPP3 and ICMJE criteria
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills (including presentations)
- Quality of judgment and decision making
- Adherence and compliance with all required regulatory and GCP guidelines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 30%, domestic and international
Culture & Benefits
As a full time, employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive PTO and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment, and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success
Health and Safety
Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
MorphoSys is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
MorphoSys US Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with MorphoSys US Inc.’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
MorphoSys reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. MorphoSys and potential applicants acknowledge that reimbursement of recruiting expenses for certain licensed healthcare professionals may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a healthcare professional who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with MorphoSys that we pay or reimburse, such information may be made publicly available by such government authorities. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Morphosys, US Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks and confirmation of vaccination for COVID-19 as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.