Director Enterprise Accounts
At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to discover, develop, and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Value, Access, and Pricing. To advance our company’s culture of patient-centricity and to build internal capabilities that support the vision of category leadership for MorphoSys, the ideal candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s commercial engagement with organized customers – including Group Purchasing Organizations, oncology super groups, large regional community oncology organizations, integrated delivery networks (IDNs), accountable care organizations (ACOs), and other similar evolving models of healthcare providers – for MorphoSys products in the U.S.
Key internal collaboration partners include Supply Chain, Commercial Operations, Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal, and Compliance teams as well as other members of the Access & Pricing team. External relationships include IDNs, ACOs, oncology super groups, large regional community oncology organizations, Group Purchasing Organizations and service / data providers that operate in this space. This role develops productive relationships and maintains contact with key account personnel, including C-suite executives and department heads. Additionally, this role maintains relationships with other trade associations and related organizations.
- Proven ability to manage company relationships with organized customer types and to act as a liaison within the company to ensure that the needs of such customers are effectively understood within all levels of the MorphoSys commercial organization.
- Forms compliant partnerships with the field sales team members, marketing team members, medical / health economics team members, and other members of the Access & Pricing team to ensure an aligned and seamless approach to achieving company objectives with organized customer types.
- Develops goals for engagement with organized customer types and implements a step-by-step plan to achieve those goals.
- Understanding of the specialty distribution and specialty pharmacy channels for buy-and-bill products and the role of GPOs in provider acquisition of such products.
- Proactively leverages detailed knowledge of MorphoSys products, and relevant competitor products, and is able to appropriately position and differentiate MorphoSys products while aligning with customer and patient needs and goals.
- Understands and effectively communicates appropriate company and product information to peers, stakeholders, influencers and customer decision makers.
- Analyzes and understands market and payer dynamics in the evolving healthcare and regulatory environment and uses approved information to anticipate and communicate the impact of changes on the market with internal/external stakeholders.
- Applies a broad and comprehensive understanding of the inter-connectivity of business segments/channels within account(s) to identify business opportunities.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and application of MorphoSys strategy, objectives and compliance guidelines in the development of customer engagement plans.
- Utilizes financial and business acumen to negotiate contract terms and conditions in a mutually beneficial and compliant manner.
- Delivers impactful and compliant presentations tailored to the audience and influence key external decision makers and influencers.
- Identifies and builds a broad network of key stakeholders and decision makers at all levels, including C-suite, within customer account(s) in order to develop and sustain impactful business-relevant relationships.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to exchange information, provide updates on account programs and initiatives, develops and executes business plans and ensures alignment with internal teams.
- Participates in industry meetings, exhibits and conventions, as appropriate, to engage with customer base and strengthen relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in market access with a focus on the use of buy-and-bill products within the organized customer type (preferably in the hematology/oncology space). Previous experience in working with the larger community based oncology groups like US Oncology, ION and larger regional community based oncology organizations preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years successful account management experience within the healthcare market, preferably with a manufacturer or organized customer type.
- Demonstrated ability to develop meaningful relationships and use the soft skills needed to connect well with various customers and their affiliates.
- Demonstrated ability to partner well across multi-disciplinary teams to develop critical insights and strategies and facilitate decision making. Must be able to anticipate needs from leadership and other stakeholders. Must be able to balance multiple and often diverse priorities in order to align on a strategic and appropriate plan.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal oversight and direction, to anticipate needs from leadership and other stakeholders, and to balance multiple and often diverse priorities in order to align on a strategic and appropriate plan.
- Must have written and verbal communication skills and be able to present complex and technical ideas and concepts both verbally and written to multiple stakeholder audiences.
- Must have proficiency with Outlook calendar, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, and a general facility for information technology and for learning new software.
- Normal and routine office duties required.
Culture & Benefits
As a full time, employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive PTO and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment, and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success
Health and Safety
Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
MorphoSys is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
MorphoSys US Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with MorphoSys US Inc.’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Morphosys, US Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks and confirmation of vaccination for COVID-19 as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.