Medical Lead: Pelabresib
At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to discover, develop, and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
The Medical Director will be a physician trained in oncology and/or hematology, be a strong self-starter and have a highly collaborative approach to working with others across a range of functions. The Medical Director will interact with all levels of internal staff as well as external stakeholders, including, but not limited to, Key Opinion Leaders, and Advisory Boards/Committees. Her/his key task will be optimization of Pelabresib’s successful global launches, use in patients with MPN, and expansion of use beyond MPN.
- Represent Medical Affairs with Asset Strategic Lead in cross-functional teams including global launch/life cycle teams and pharmaceutical industry partners
- Support global launch activities for Pelabresib therapy:
- Work closely with all teams focused on regulatory approvals, clinical development, insight generation, medical education, and life cycle management to support the execution of the launch strategy, ensuring internal and external launch readiness
- Support adaptation of training and other scientific material for internal stakeholders
- Develop and lead with Asset Strategic Lead in scientific education and in-house training for MSLs and other appropriate staff as required
- Coordinate congress reporting and summaries, collect data on competitors and market development
- Provide physician review and critical appraisal of scientific literature to provide support and advice to medical and marketing groups and help adherence to and advise on compliance requirements, including prudent interpretation of the Code of Practice
- Scientific Engagement and Expansion:
- Support Morphosys’ development of positioning as a scientific authority in Myeloproliferative Disorders and epigenetic modification in oncology
- Provide physician review for external materials, trial design, and other internally planning documents
- Develop and implement engagement strategies to accelerate clinical trial awareness, enrollment, data presentation and publication
- Serve as physician resource to provide scientific, clinical, and educational support to investigators, clinicians, and the KOL community through the dissemination of pertinent scientific, and clinical information on the underlying biology of disease as well as therapeutic landscape
- Contribute to data-gap analysis and lifecycle management strategy
- Support development of KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information
- Build strategic partnerships with KOL to ensure that Morphosys’ portfolio is appropriately positioned in treatment guidelines and protocols through the provision of balanced, scientific information.
- Ensure HCP and educational activities are of a high scientific quality and standard
- Preparation of tailored clinical data packages for advisory boards, investigators, and other KOL requests to deliver scientifically optimal messages
- Provide physician guidance regarding appropriate speakers for national/international congresses and workshops to expand and enhance legitimate scientific exchange
- Data Generation, Publication Planning, Competitive Intelligence:
- Develop publication plans
- Provide physician leadership for RWE data development and interpretation plans
- Facilitate and support the conduct of investigator-sponsored work (IST/IIT). Support the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant regulations and internal SOPs. Provide physician leadership to collaborations with pharmaceutical industry partners
- Assist in the development of phase IV and observational studies
- MD with Hematology and/or Oncology postgraduate training required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently and coordinate workload, under pressure and in a team environment to meet established deadlines
- Experience in working in matrix organizations, with readiness to take on work beyond your job description
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including grammatical/technical writing and presentation skills
Preferred (But Not Required)
- Experienced in planning and execution of scientific publications
- Experienced in planning and execution of scientific studies and clinical trials
Culture & Benefits
As a full time, employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive PTO and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment, and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success
Health and Safety
Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
MorphoSys is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
MorphoSys US Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with MorphoSys US Inc.’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
MorphoSys reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. MorphoSys and potential applicants acknowledge that reimbursement of recruiting expenses for certain licensed healthcare professionals may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a healthcare professional who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with MorphoSys that we pay or reimburse, such information may be made publicly available by such government authorities. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Morphosys, US Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks and confirmation of vaccination for COVID-19 as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.