Associate Director/Director, Thought Leader Liaison
At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to develop and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
This role is responsible for leading and driving the marketing strategy and activities for MorphoSys hematologic oncology priority assets. The Associate Director/Director, Thought Leader Liaison will play a critical role in engaging with medical experts, supporting Monjuvi (tafasitamab) commercial efforts and preparing for the potential launch of the first BET inhibitor in myelofibrosis. She/he will research and stay current on market conditions in the field of B cell malignancies and MPN to help drive marketing initiatives and increased profitability of the brand. The role will involve quarterbacking multiple customer facing roles to ensure flawless commercial and/or launch execution, as well as, coordinating an integrated customer engagement strategy in the US Oncology marketplace. This position reports directly to the VP Marketing and Access.
Thought Leader Development
- Identify, cultivate and maintain long-standing relationships with national and regional Hematology KOLs at academic centers and leading community practices
- Work with Marketing, Sales Leadership, Key Account Management, Business Operations & Innovation, and Medical Affairs teams as a primary point of contact with national and regional lymphoma and MPN thought leaders/medical experts
- Develop and execute a customer thought leader engagement plan in a commercial capacity aligned with the national engagement strategy
- In collaboration with medical, lead and direct insight gathering among Thought Leaders including 1:1 engagements, small group meetings, and national and regional commercial advisory boards to gather actionable commercial information
- Support KOL influence-mapping initiatives developing profiles and engagement / communication plans for each assigned KOL
- Monitor KOL opinions and sentiment about current and future treatment patterns that may impact the MorphoSys portfolio and provide feedback for consideration in the development of brand strategic plans
- Compliantly establish and communicate brand value proposition using approved materials
- Operationalize integrated account plans at the local level cross-functionally for key accounts and organized customer groups
Commercialization & Marketing Programs
- Develop and lead key account specific planning with Sales, Sales Leadership, Key Account Management, Business Operations & Innovation and Medical Affairs
- Provide real time assessment of commercial program effectiveness.
- Work with field and office-based colleagues to identify, contract and collaborate with qualified HCPs for various projects including promotional speaking, training and other contractual engagement
- Act as lead for speaker development and feedback including coaching and point of contact for any speaker bureau issues and updates
- Support speaker program, webcast, and other key launch/marketing tactics
Commercial Advisory Boards
- Support marketing teams on commercialization advisory board planning with the identification, coordination and contracting of appropriate attendees.
Peer to Peer Programming
- Support the marketing teams with development of third party peer-to-peer initiatives including placement of programming, identification of speakers, and development of content in line with brand strategies, in accordance with Morphosys policies.
Meetings & Conventions
- Attend local, regional and national medical meetings where brand/asset related information is being presented and report key findings which impact brand/asset strategy and execution.
- Work cross functionally to develop a prioritized thought leader engagement plan at medical meetings (national and regional) that includes clear commercial objectives and key discussion points. Report insights to home office
- Based on insights from Thought Leaders and primary market research, develop proposals for strategic national or local promotional projects that drive innovation while meeting key business objectives where applicable
- Coordinate and lead the Thought Leader interface for specific marketing projects, including whitepapers, speaker program development and training, peer to peer programming etc.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or life science required.
- Pharmaceutical sales experience or account management required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in 1:1 environments and larger group settings.
- Minimum 7 years of Oncology experience strongly preferred; specific experience in the hematologic oncology setting.
- Proven track record of quickly identifying business needs and extracting key insights.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of brand strategy and key business drivers at the account and customer level.
- Stay abreast of competitive environment and evolving treatment paradigms.
- Ensure compliance in all activities through proficiency with internal processes related to pharmaceutical marketing, including Legal/Medical/Regulatory review, vendor and budget management.
- Able to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines and managing key project details.
- Demonstrated success in influence/negotiation and proven ability to build and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with key external and internal stakeholders, including opinion leaders.
Preferred (But Not Required):
- Product launch experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Prior Marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Primarily a field-based position
- This position requires up to 80% travel including overnight trips.
Culture & Benefits
As a full time, employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive flex time off program and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment, and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success.
Health and Safety
Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
MorphoSys is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org