Senior Director, Scientific Publications & Communications
At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to develop and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
The Senior Director of Scientific Publications and Communications is an important member of the medical affairs team and will be accountable for leading activities to support long-term strategic planning as the company prepares for launches in the hematology-oncology space. This individual will be responsible for all hands-on management of publication planning in alignment with the asset leads and successful execution for optimal data dissemination. The Director will report directly to the VP, Medical affairs.
- Work closely with colleagues within the R&D group, including mainly Medical Affairs, clinical and technical operation groups.
- Build a team responsible for publications, scientific communications including MSL and congress material and medical information.
- Implement publication strategic planning across the MorphoSys portfolio (peer-reviewed journal articles, visual abstracts, conference contributions) in alignment of program asset leads and alliance partners.
- Ensure timely publication of data from primary and secondary analyses of MorphoSys and Constellation trial data, EAP and other programs, preclinical/non-clinical data, ‘trial in progress’, and review articles, as per MorphoSys publication guidelines. Facilitates review of publications generated from IITs in close collaboration with respective academic IIT leads
- Ensure scientific excellence and compliance in scientific communication, acts as a respected and highly credible scientific representative of MorphoSys
- Guarantee consistent scientific messages across publications per compounds scientific platform/narrative and indication
- Maintain publication policy and updated guidance specific to publication execution, ensuring compliance to it, liaising with program asset leads of three main programs
- Align and coordinate with external and internal authors, as well as key cross-functional stakeholders in US Medical Affairs, R&D, Legal, Regulatory, and Commercial
- Contribute to publication-gap analysis and lifecycle management strategy for MorphoSys compounds
- As applicable, assist in the development of educational and training material for internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare MSL material for external presentation in collaboration with development and medical affairs directors
- Prepare MSL training material, Key Intelligence Questions and FAQs in collaboration with development and medical affairs directors
- Prepare conference material
- Ensure submission of medial material for external use for medical, legal and regulatory review
- Represent medical affairs at MLR review meetings
- Create scientific platforms (supervise vendor)
- Medical information
- Responsible for the medical information part of the call center in collaboration with Pharmacovigilance, Quality control and IT.
- Contribute to weekly/biweekly medical affairs meetings to review project and timeline
- Support the development and implementation of medical affairs strategy
- Advanced degree required (PhD, PharmD, MD)
- 10-15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including Medical Affairs
- Experience in rare disease or hematology/oncology
- Line management experience
- Strong team player attitude with well-developed interpersonal abilities
- Experience in working in matrix organizations, with readiness to take on work beyond your job description
- Great understanding of compliance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work with little support and coordinate workload, under pressure and in a team environment to meet established deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, including grammatical/technical writing and presentation skills
Culture & Benefits
As a full time, employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive flex time off program and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment, and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success.
Health and Safety
Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
MorphoSys is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com