Medical Science Liaison – Ohio Valley Region
At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to discover, develop, and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
The MSL will act as the company’s technical, scientific, and medical expert for their region. S/he will enhance the understanding of scientific and medical information related to the company’s therapeutics across targeted communities. S/he will provide the company with field-based insights and serve as a conduit for scientific collaborations. The MSL will also interact with oncology health care professionals, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, PAs, and payers. S/he will support company-sponsored research programs and act as the point of contact for investigator-initiated trials.
- Engage external stakeholders on medical and scientific information in the area of cancer therapies during one-on-one interactions and group settings, exhibiting excellent scientific and clinical knowledge
- Maintain knowledge of medical and scientific developments in precision oncology to help identify and critically assess research opportunities
- Play a supportive role in the execution of evidence generation plans to enhance the value of the company’s products in a real-world setting
- Articulate the medical and scientific value of the company’s products with external experts, especially as they relate to relevant diseases and disease management protocols, the healthcare environment, and competitors
- Establish robust, long-term peer relationships with KOLs and other stakeholder partners
- Actively engage with stakeholders on medical, clinical, epidemiologic, and scientific topics to advance their understanding of the disease by sharing information and answering questions based on approved material within regulatory guidelines
- Effectively utilize a scientific engagement model for attending and establishing a company presence at relevant scientific congresses and symposia as directed
- Organize educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards when requested
- Support speaker training to ensure continued scientific support in the field
- Critically evaluate key insights from published studies and stakeholder interactions that deepen the company’s understanding of market needs and the opinions of external stakeholders
- Contribute to the enhancement of the company’s scientific messages, plans, strategy, systems, and product development
- Maintain awareness of and assess emerging evidence in the oncology disease area to educate and enhance discussions with key stakeholders
- PhD, MD, PharmD or related advanced graduate degree strongly preferred; MSN, MS-PA, NP may be considered based on overall experience
- A minimum of 3 years of previous pharmaceutical MSL experience in Oncology is required
- Current knowledge of FDA, OIG, and PhRMA code related to compliant scientific exchange
- Ability to integrate and work in a cross-functional network/matrix. Project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 60% with overnight stays
Culture & Benefits
As a full time, employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive PTO and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment, and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success
Health and Safety
Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
MorphoSys is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
MorphoSys US Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with MorphoSys US Inc.’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Morphosys, US Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks and confirmation of vaccination for COVID-19 as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.