Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
At MorphoSys, we are motivated by our mission: More life for people with cancer. As a global, commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, we are driven by the urgency to discover, develop, and deliver groundbreaking medicines, aspiring to redefine how cancer is treated.
Our success is created by our people, and we bring together exceptional talent from around the world, offering our colleagues a collaborative, flexible, and diverse work environment. We are looking for individuals who share our values and are motivated to improve the lives of people impacted by cancer.
The goal of this position is to develop and execute Health, Economics, Outcome and Research (HEOR) strategies and tactics in support of product(s) or therapeutic area, to conduct research and create HEOR tools that answer key research questions or external stakeholder questions, and to evaluate and communicate product values. The Director, HEOR, will report to the MA Head of RWE/HEOR. The Director of HEOR will also work cross-functionally to ensure that HEOR plans are aligned across the organization including Value, Access and Pricing.
- The Director, HEOR, will conduct comprehensive feasibility studies for potential outcomes research for priority HEOR evidence needs, design rigorous HEOR studies and projects, in collaboration with internal and external researchers. This position will take the HEOR research from concept to publication. This position will manage study quality, resources, project plan, vendors and writing/editing scientific content.
- Present budget impact models and other health economics and outcomes research materials in response to customer requests for information
- Conduct or lead large database sets analyses using secondary data sources such as healthcare claims, electronic medical record databases or publicly available datasets for HEOR projects
- Track budgets and timelines.
- Communicate and leverage approved HEOR evidence and tools to key population decision makers including payers, integrated delivery networks, PBs, institutions to inform healthcare decision making and the place of MorphoSys products in therapy
- Collaborate, as appropriate, with other customer-facing teams to provide comprehensive customer support, such as field Value and Access, and field medical colleagues
- Comply with all regulatory laws, regulations and policies
- Develop strong credibility among health systems, GPOs, Pathways - based on trust and compelling, transparent clinical and HEOR evidence.
- Complete administrative responsibilities, including monthly expense reporting and field activity reporting.
- Support Market Access strategies to enhance global patient access to Morphosys therapies.
- Conduct health services research to quantify the clinical and economic impact of Morphosys therapies.
- Develop compelling HEOR value propositions.
- Training and support in educating clinical, regulatory, and legal teams in other global offices to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and reimbursement competencies.
- Support the development of Morphosys submissions by leveraging key evidence and internal resources.
- Engage in sophisticated value conversations with decision makers who require expertise in health economics, outcomes research, real-world evidence generation, and value assessment.
- Conduct peer-to-peer level value discussions with HEOR experts within GPOs, health technology assessment, or value framework organizations; including, but not limited to, the Institute for Clinical and Economic Review, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Collect and communicate actionable insights from external stakeholders to inform development of Morphosys product strategy, value propositions, and future research.
- Cultivate research collaborations with health systems and/or academia with an emphasis on diversity, equality, and inclusivity in patient populations studied and recruited.
- Attend select scientific meetings and professional conferences to engage in scientific exchange with Formulary Decision Makers (FDMs), to gather clinical and HEOR insights, and to support HEOR scientific communication.
- 75% of efforts will be for in-house HEOR projects, 25% of responsibilities will be for customer-facing field efforts and presentations
- Knowledge: Minimum of at least 3 years of experience in Health Economics and Outcomes Research and/or Field Based oncology experience (e.g. MSL) is required. A strong understanding of the US healthcare systems, policies and context is preferred.
- Presenting oncology data to external audiences and/or US market experience would be a big plus.
- Advanced degree (MD, MS, MPH, MBA) in Medicine, Public Health, Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Policy or a related quantitative discipline is required.
- Skills: Experience within a cross-functional team or initiative is required to demonstrate leading without authority. Presenting oncology data to external audiences and/or US market experience.
- Abilities: Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and project management skills are required.
Culture & Benefits
As a full time, employee of MorphoSys US Inc., you will receive a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical and dental, vision, life, disability and more. We offer a competitive PTO and holiday schedule – giving you the time you need to recharge, along with a 401k retirement plan which allows you the opportunity to save for your future with an employer matching program. Our culture is a collaborative work environment, and we believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success
Health and Safety
Full vaccination against COVID 19 is a requirement for this position.
MorphoSys US Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment with non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
MorphoSys is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
MorphoSys US Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with MorphoSys US Inc.’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
MorphoSys reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. MorphoSys and potential applicants acknowledge that reimbursement of recruiting expenses for certain licensed healthcare professionals may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a healthcare professional who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with MorphoSys that we pay or reimburse, such information may be made publicly available by such government authorities. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Morphosys, US Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks and confirmation of vaccination for COVID-19 as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.